If you lot see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad
If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular), or if you can’t connect to a cellular network or cellular data, learn what to practise.
Cheque your coverage area
- Make certain that you’re in an area with cellular network coverage.
- Turn cellular information off and and so back on once again. Become to Settings, then tap Cellular or Mobile Information. If yous’re using your iPad, you might see Settings > Cellular Data.
- If you’re traveling internationally, make sure that your device is fix up for information roaming. Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Data Roaming.
If you’re on AT&T’south 3G network
AT&T is phasing out their 3G network. If you lot encounter No Service in the status bar of your device and you lot accept an iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, or earlier or an iPad 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular or before, contact your carrier to discuss your options. If you take an iPhone half dozen or later or an iPad (3rd generation) or later, follow these steps:
- Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
- Get to Settings > Cellular. Then:
- For iPhone, tap Cellular Data Options, then turn on Enable LTE.
- For iPad, plough on LTE.
If you nonetheless see No Service later on post-obit these steps, contact your carrier.
iPhone and iPad devices that support 5G networks are not affected by the phasing out of 3G networks.
Restart your iPhone or iPad
Check for a Carrier Settings update
To manually check for and install a carrier settings update:
- Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
- Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you’ll see an option to update your carrier settings.
- To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings > General > Almost and await next to Carrier.
If y’all insert a new SIM card into your iPhone or iPad, you demand to download the carrier settings for your new carrier.
Accept out the SIM card
After removing the SIM menu, put information technology back in.
- If the SIM carte du jour is damaged, or doesn’t fit in the SIM tray, ask your carrier for a new SIM card.
- If yous transferred your SIM card from another device, ask your carrier if your SIM card works with your iPhone or iPad.
Learn more about removing your iPhone SIM card or iPad SIM card.
Reset your Network Settings
Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.
Update your iPhone or iPad
Contact your carrier
Issues with your carrier or account might affect your service. Contact your carrier to:
- Verify that your account is active and in practiced continuing.
- Make sure that in that location are no outages in your area.
- Check that your device isn’t blocked from receiving cellular services and is set up up with the right data program.
Merely your wireless carrier can access and manage details nigh your account:
- iPhone wireless carriers
- iPad wireless carriers
Become more than help
If your carrier confirms that at that place’s no issue with your account or network, but yous still can’t connect to a cellular network, contact Apple tree Back up.
If you lot see an warning adjacent to No Service, acquire what you lot can do.